Photo Gallery: Lincoln Park

Curated by John A. Martini
Lincoln Park sits atop the bluffs at the northwest corner of San Francisco. Once the site of City Cemetery, the area was converted to Lincoln Park Golf Course in the early 1900s. In 1924, the Palace of the Legion of Honor, a memorial museum dedicated to California's wartime dead, was completed at the summit of the park's highest hill. A scenic boulevard called El Camino Del Mar once snaked along the cliffs below the Legion of Honor until it washed out in the 1950s.